Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Feeling Bad :(

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM
  • 23 Replies
My youngest child turns 5 on Monday but we wont be having a party. Because I fell down a flight of stairs 2 & a half weeks ago & broke me back I have not been able to do anything. This house is such a mess I dont even want friends & family over, let alone any of my daughter's friends. Im having DH pick up cupcakes for her to take to school & we will have a cake here. She loves her bday & has been making plans for her party for months. I just feel so bad because we always make a big deal about birthdays & she is getting next to nothing :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Aww am sure she understands,
Can you have a party for her at another time?

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Im thinking about trying to have a party another time. Im still looking atleast another month of healing as long as they dont decide to do surgery, which I wont know for another 2 weeks.

Quoting hugss:

Aww am sure she understands,
Can you have a party for her at another time?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:06 PM

maybe you could share a party for her late birthday and your feeling better, make it a mommy and daughter special party

GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I'm sorry, I'd be upset too.  Kids do love to plan their birthdays.  My younger son turns 5 Nov 1 and has been telling me his plans for that birthday for several months now.

I agree that planning a party for her when you're better sounds like a good idea.

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I'm so sorry!!  I'd feel the same way I'm sure.  Can any of your family come over and clean for you and give her the party?  I mean, that's what family is for.  I'd do that for someone in my family.  Heck, I've got some friends I'd do that for.  No one should judge you on your house anyway.  What do they expect???  Hugs to you!!!  :)

nngmommy83
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:45 PM

awww, maybe do it later? =)

meam4444
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Aww...I agree--perhaps have a party at a later date??  A friend of mine was talking to me how she felt bad that she didn't do a big party for her daughter's sweet sixteen recently...so she is planning a surprise party for around her half birthday time to try to make up for the lacking on the actual birthday.

Hope you heal up fast too.

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Awe I agree with a late party. I am sure everyone will understand.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Hugs...wishing you a speedy recovery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
My bday is June 4, exactly 3 months to the day after her's maybe I can share that with her. Thanks for the idea.

Quoting gmadiane:

maybe you could share a party for her late birthday and your feeling better, make it a mommy and daughter special party

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)