Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Meeting your spouse online

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 17 Replies

How many people do you think meet their spouse online as opposed to anywhere else in the real world? I know so many people who have met online, so what is your thought? Do you think it is the norm now? Where did you meet your spouse?

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I met my hubby online, both of my dd's met their spouses online 

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Actually I met my DH online. We met in an AOL chat room about Metal Music. We started talking for a few months long distance and a week before my 18th birthday he drove 9 hours to meet me face to face. He never left. The day I met him face to face was the day he moved in with me.He was 27 years old at the time.

We have been together for 13 years now :)

nngmommy83
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I met my husband through mutual friends. His older brother and I are the same age =)

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I know of several couples who met online.  I've never dated anyone from online although a ton of my friends keep encouraging me to do so!  lol  

KaylaMillar
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I met my DH at school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

You know I met Jim online and we will be marking the 6 year mark in November.

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I don't actually know anybody in person who has met their spouse online but I have heard it is becoming more and more common.  I met my DH at work. 

sukainah
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I met my spouse online.  He lived in Jordan and we chatted for about 3 years before I went overseas to meet him in person.  Then 5 months later I moved to Jordan and we married right away.  It took a little over a year to get him here for his visa.  

I think it's more the norm now, but people have to be careful so much more because they could lie and it's hard to know someone online without spending time with them.  

Luckily my husband turned out to be just what he said he was.

GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I'm sure its becoming more common as more people are online from a younger age.

I met my DH at a political convention.  Helps to have politics in common, esp since we have the same views on things. :)

dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I met my spouse online in a chat room and a friend of mine met her finance' online also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN