Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Pet peeves: Why do they bug us?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 53 Replies

When you are out and about in a city of over eight million people, odds are someone will do something that just may annoy you. I mean, really, think about it. Someone will continually clear his throat. Someone will whistle. Someone will be carrying a chalkboard and run their nails on it...okay, maybe not that last one, but, its NYC, folks, anything can happen. 

Then there are things that REALLY bug us aka pet peeves. What are mine? I've got a few: smacking gum, making clicking noises with your tongue, aforementioned whistling, super-loud typing. Looking over that list, mine are mostly things that have to do with hearing...hmmm...wonder what that is about. I have kid pet peeves too: balloons (don't ask), the sound that Styrofoam makes sliding in and out of a box, plastic toys that come in party gifts bags.

Why do certain little annoyance bugs us SO much more than other little annoyances? Well, there isn't a medical explanation for that (at least not one that I have found), but we all know our biggies...the small, really not a big deal things our husband does or our kids do, what other drivers on the highway or those folks you work with that make us go bonkerdoodle. Maybe it will help us deal with them better if we name them...let's go!

What are your biggest -- and I mean big -- pet peeves?

©iStockphoto.com/ Stocknshares

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:12 AM

DH provokes me ::sigh::
He does things on purpose that he knows I can't stand ::sigh::

ScrChk23
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:02 AM

I think because it is something that we can't control and THAT is the issue that bothers us.  I know it is that way for me.  Like stupid drivers or people who seem to have no common sense.

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Swaying when driving!! drives me crazy , toliet seat up uhhh he is the only man that lives here, or even when he have a appointment to go somewhere he wants to leave so early... no need 

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Screaming at young children. Drives me bananas

4kidz916
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I hate it when people use the word retard. 

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this

Stupidity.

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM
People that smell bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Yes! That is one of mine too!

Quoting goddess99:

Stupidity.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Improper car seat use bothers me :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I have some but I don't want to focus on negative things while I'm home enjoying the nice day. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)