Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Pet peeves: Why do they bug us?

Posted by   + Show Post

When you are out and about in a city of over eight million people, odds are someone will do something that just may annoy you. I mean, really, think about it. Someone will continually clear his throat. Someone will whistle. Someone will be carrying a chalkboard and run their nails on it...okay, maybe not that last one, but, its NYC, folks, anything can happen. 

Then there are things that REALLY bug us aka pet peeves. What are mine? I've got a few: smacking gum, making clicking noises with your tongue, aforementioned whistling, super-loud typing. Looking over that list, mine are mostly things that have to do with hearing...hmmm...wonder what that is about. I have kid pet peeves too: balloons (don't ask), the sound that Styrofoam makes sliding in and out of a box, plastic toys that come in party gifts bags.

Why do certain little annoyance bugs us SO much more than other little annoyances? Well, there isn't a medical explanation for that (at least not one that I have found), but we all know our biggies...the small, really not a big deal things our husband does or our kids do, what other drivers on the highway or those folks you work with that make us go bonkerdoodle. Maybe it will help us deal with them better if we name them...let's go!

What are your biggest -- and I mean big -- pet peeves?

©iStockphoto.com/ Stocknshares

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM

When I get behind an old person in a car going SUPER slow, god that annoys the crap out of me. Especially when they're like 90, on oxygen, smoking a cigarette, and talking on their cell phone.

I'm into meme's.. True story

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Grinding teeth,smacking food!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Leaving 2oz. of juice in the fridge!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Rude people, stupid drivers, people just being stupid in general, people that talk ghetto, and when you take a shower clean the hair out of the drain. There is more to list but that's the ones I hate the most.

mrswillie
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Quoting 4kidz916:

I hate it when people use the word retard. 

Me too.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:25 AM

That doesn't work for me. The more I think about something that really makes me angry or pisses me off the more angry or pissed off I get. So to sit and think about it on purpose when I'm happy and not angry or pissed off at all about anything, wouldn't accomplish anything for me, except possibly ruin a little bit of my day.

wedding countdown

natesmom1228
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:06 AM

People who drive to slow. It drives me crazy.

cara124
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM

DD 17's lack of planning ! .... with 4 people in the house we have to know everyone's schedule before hand .. and DD 17 is famous for not tell or writing in the calendar when & if she has an activity.. this drives me nuts !

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Other drivers- people who pull out in traffic and then drive slowly, people who don't use turn signals, tailgaters.

arpazia
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:43 AM
People... Just people! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)