Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Guilty pleasures are a good thing!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 101 Replies
2 moms liked this

This is a fun one, ladies...nothing too deep, nothing too heart-tugging or brain-taxing. This one is all about those things that are just mere joy for us. Like watching The Bachelor or Dancing With the Stars. Or eating ice cream out of the container when the kids are asleep (or awake - I'm not one to judge). Fresh and breezy beach reads about fairy-tale-like romances that have zippo to do with real life. Krispy Kreme donuts. Spending 34 minutes playing Angry Birds and Words with Friends.

Yup. Guilty pleasures, my friends. Those things that usually don't cost too much, that bring us a bit of a lift, a boost of joy...and that don't really challenge our brains. Just are mere pleasureful (I just made that word up).

What are mine? I have a few: those dance movies aimed at teens, like Step Up or Stomp the Yard; mini Three Musketeer bars and Twizzlers, any kind of made-for-TV Christmas special or movie (which I will watch anytime of year); anything having to do with Harry Potter, So You Think You Can Dance and Shark Tank; Googling people I just met; fiddling around with fonts on my website or looking at quotes (oh, man, I can spend hours doing that).

What are your guilty pleasures? 

©iStockphoto.com/ GrenouilleFilms

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Wine, chocolate, red vines!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:45 AM

playing on my computer, a good hike

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:14 AM

cheesecake and wine

4kidz916
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I think my favorite guilty pleasure is time by myself to read a good book.  Since I have a very hectic schedule I don't get much quiet time to myself.

goddess99
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Snickers, watching paranormal shows.

natesmom1228
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Watching Wife Swap

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:49 AM

peanut butter cups,  cafe mocha,  Survivor,  Survivor Man, books on hiking the Appalachian Trail.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I almost put this down also.  I look forward so much to having a chance to read.

Quoting 4kidz916:

I think my favorite guilty pleasure is time by myself to read a good book.  Since I have a very hectic schedule I don't get much quiet time to myself.

lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Chocolate, but I don't indulge very often.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Survivor and Hershey's kisses...sometimes together LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)