Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

If I could do one thing better...

Posted by   + Show Post

Nobody's perfect. We hear it all of the time, right? And it's good to remember, a fantastic mantra to repeat when you forget that it is Pajama Day at school or to pack that brown bag lunch for the zoo field trip. Or when you totally flake on your sister's birthday. Or when you bake that batch of cupcakes, they turn out a tad lopsided. Yes, all times we remember that we don't have to be great at everything.

But, I find there are a few things that I just want to do better. I mean, sure I'd like to be able to play the piano and sing on key, but I'm talking about real things I could do better if I just really set my mind to it. Like being more timely with (or actually write) thank you notes (or even thank you emails). Or keep my kitchen drawers organized. Or iron my clothes right after doing the wash, not when I'm running late, looking totally like a wrinkled mess. Those little things.

The main thing I would like to do better: cook a better dinner. I'm just not a good cook. I'm not a bad cook, I just don't cook really. We do a lot of healthy, organic frozen foods, my kiddo gets veggies and fruits, I can boil pasta, but a hunk of grilled chicken or fish is just not my usual M.O. after a long day...and seems daunting and I'm just not great at it.

I know there are super ways/hints/tricks to tackle cooking dinner and get better at it -- utilize the crock pot more, meal planning, all of that. Seriously, folks, I have written about all of the great ways to incorporate easy-peasey recipes and meals into our everydays. Yet, I don't do it. Why? Oh, well, we don't have time for me to list all of my excuses.

What is the one thing you wish you could do better?

©iStockphoto.com/ DNY59

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-52):
Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Let things go.  I'm no hoarder, but I keep too much for too long.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Stay on my diet of restricting portions. I eat healthy food...just too much of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN