Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What’s on your nightstand?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 69 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've got a little idea. Get up and go look at your bedroom and take a good look, pay specific attention to what is on your nightstand. I'll wait here.

You back? Great. Sooo, what was on that little table next to the bed? I'll go first. Well, it's tough for me to say because I don't actually have a night table. A woe of apartment living, tiny space and all that, but I do have a headboard that works as a ledge, where I keep my glasses and my iPhone. You may wonder about a clock? Don't have one. I wear a watch to bed or use my phone as an alarm...my iPad gets tucked into the bookcase next the bed on my husband's side. On my side? I have the wall.

But that's my situation. What's yours? The reason I'm asking is whatever is on your bedside table is the stuff you end the day with and kick off the next...that is kind of a big mental thing. Say you have piles of work papers on there. Not a good way to jolt yourself into the day with job ickies staring at you, right? Or if you even if you have nothing on there but a tissue box, also not maximizing the power of the nightstand. Having items on there that inspire you and make you happy can be an amazing mental tool.

A picture of your family on vacation or a little framed piece of your kid's artwork, a collection of inspirational words, a notepad to jot down ideas or goals, the book you are currently reading or a crossword puzzle...all things I would have on mine...if I had a night table.

Soooo, what's on your nightstand? What would you put on it that isn't there right now?

©iStockphoto.com/ Ruslan Dashinsky

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I have a lamp. lighthouse candle, it's really just for decoration, another glass lighthouse that lights up and swirls.  I have a lighthouse blocks calender. Can't you tell I love lighthouses...lol I use my cell phone for my alarm.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Just an alarm clock & lamp :)

AnonyMOUSE715
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Footsteps cup, footsteps plaque mom got me, pic of me n my mom, phone, cup/drink, 2 jewelry boxes, a bible, chesire cat mini statue, a wristband. That's what is on my side.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:24 PM

i don't have one. on my dresser i have my cd's

goddess99
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I have a lamp, kleenex, books, pens, remotes.

lalasmama2007
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I don't have one...

4kidz916
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I have a lamp, Bible, and a coaster.

dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:34 PM

There is a lamp, an alarm clock, a box that holds some parts that has to do with our bed frame, one of those shiny balloon weights that holds a bunch of balloons (without the balloons attached) and some safety pins all hooked together.

abra
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Books, vitamins, chapstick and water. I like what is there now. It works for me! 

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM

We don't have one anymore but when we did usually it had the alarm clock, my phone, my glasses and the Bible on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN