Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What’s on your nightstand?

Posted by   + Show Post

I've got a little idea. Get up and go look at your bedroom and take a good look, pay specific attention to what is on your nightstand. I'll wait here.

You back? Great. Sooo, what was on that little table next to the bed? I'll go first. Well, it's tough for me to say because I don't actually have a night table. A woe of apartment living, tiny space and all that, but I do have a headboard that works as a ledge, where I keep my glasses and my iPhone. You may wonder about a clock? Don't have one. I wear a watch to bed or use my phone as an alarm...my iPad gets tucked into the bookcase next the bed on my husband's side. On my side? I have the wall.

But that's my situation. What's yours? The reason I'm asking is whatever is on your bedside table is the stuff you end the day with and kick off the next...that is kind of a big mental thing. Say you have piles of work papers on there. Not a good way to jolt yourself into the day with job ickies staring at you, right? Or if you even if you have nothing on there but a tissue box, also not maximizing the power of the nightstand. Having items on there that inspire you and make you happy can be an amazing mental tool.

A picture of your family on vacation or a little framed piece of your kid's artwork, a collection of inspirational words, a notepad to jot down ideas or goals, the book you are currently reading or a crossword puzzle...all things I would have on mine...if I had a night table.

Soooo, what's on your nightstand? What would you put on it that isn't there right now?

©iStockphoto.com/ Ruslan Dashinsky

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (61-69):
Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Aqua for the bath will make it feel like a spa ! :) Love it !

Quoting Heather2001:

Our next room is the master bedroom and bath.  We moved into this place about 4.5 months ago and have already redone 5 rooms.  I'm leaning towards a chocolate brown for the bedroom and a medium aqua for the bath, but I'm still deciding.  =)

Quoting Wish2Be:

What are you going to paint? What colors?

Quoting Heather2001:

Paint samples, small lamp, hand cream, lip balm, and a coaster for my water glass at night.  My phone sits there at night as well.

CafeMom Tickers
Kmakksmom
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Mine has a lamp built into it and a basket underneath. On top I have an alarm clock, a stuffed animal each from my kids, my glasses when I'm sleeping, and a clay holder *looks like a basket* that one of my daughters made me last year. Underneath I have books and magazines.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM
A bunch of junk!
Charizma77
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Books, a Bible and a journal. 

cara124
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Lamp , alarm clock , cell charger & books
KristinRox
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Im like you, I dont have a nightstand. I do have a dresser thing a the end of my bed. It has some change, a couple items of clothing, speakers and a clock. I dont use the alarm on it though. Instead I use the alarm on my iphone, that I strategically place in the kitchen. That way I acutally have to drag my butt out of my bed into the kitchen to turn it off. Im forced to wake up :0)

KristinRox
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I think my mil has the same night stand. :)

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Mine has a lamp built into it and a basket underneath. On top I have an alarm clock, a stuffed animal each from my kids, my glasses when I'm sleeping, and a clay holder *looks like a basket* that one of my daughters made me last year. Underneath I have books and magazines.

JOIN US ON:

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM
A lamp,cell phone,ring box,coaster&tablet.
SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I have a lamp, a clock radio-which I seldom use because I wake up without it, and whatever books I'm reading, usually a couple of cookbooks and a good novel. Almost forgot, most important-my eye mask-can't survive without it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)