Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Can You Change Your Kid’s Behavior in Five Days?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 57 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dr. Kevin Leman's book "Have a New Kid by Friday" is changing the lives of parents across the country. It's helping parents create mutual respect with their children. Andrew is a believer in Dr. Leman's methods and he's here to spread the wisdom! Check out what he has to say in this video.

Do you think you can change your kid's behavior in five days?

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arpazia
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Well, now I'm not sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:41 PM
4 moms liked this

Yes, not permanently, you have to be consistent, but you can see changes in 5 days. And it's true, the parent's attitude must be correct before they start trying to work with their children. But I don't think using eventual consequences are helpful because that will cultivate bitterness. Especially if you are training toddlers and younger children, waiting to give them consequences until later will just be confusing. Consequences should be explained at the time of the offense and with younger children, the consequences should be at the time of the offense so it is perfectly clear that because A happened, B happens.

Here is the other thing, being a good parent is hard work. Consistency means you will have to do the same thing over and over and over and over again before you see results. If you can't handle repeating yourself, parenthood isn't a good personality match for you! 

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

Bob192
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I think you can somewhat...

dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I believe that it is possible, if you focus on one issue and you be firm and consistent and make sure that you keep up in the other areas that you have already worked on.

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Geez, you finally have a new question!
MsBlueBelle
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM
So, it was Andrew Shue who co-founded cafemom.
Rushn311
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I think it's possible

.Angelica.
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:39 PM
2 moms liked this

i'm sure it's possible to start seeing changes in 5 days. sadly, I do this with my son already and it doesn't work for him. :/

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you can definitely start seeing changes in 5 days but it takes being consistant for long after that to permanently make changes. 

MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I think it's possible if you really work hard at it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN