Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you believe in luck?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is life just a combination of taking risks and seizing opportunities? What role does fate play in our lives and what responsibility do we have to take for our own fate?

Check out what the Mad Life panel has to say about luck and tell us how you feel.

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Replies (41-50):
RobynS
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Ha! Andrew... your bad Irish accent is too cute. ;)

RobynS
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I think there are random situations in which you can be lucky--your name is pulled to win a raffle, for example.

But I'm not superstitious. I don't think carrying a rabbit's foot or something will bring you luck.

I do believe in serendipity, though...

4kidz916
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:21 PM

This is pretty much how I feel.  I think I appreciate my simple life much more now because of struggles I have been through. 

Quoting Juniper53098:

I don't believe in luck.  God has my life mapped out for me and it is all about the greater good.  I've had many struggles in my life (abusive childhood, abusive marriage, several miscarriages), but I can now see the good that has come out of all of that.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I'm not sure....

ms_danielle_j
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:20 AM
I don't believe in luck...I believe in being blessed :)
TwistedBella
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I'm a firm believer in the power of suggestion: If you believe you are having good luck, then depending on whether you're an optimist or a pessimist your brain will do things that increase or decrease respectively, your chances of a good outcome on your next "probabilistically" based event. The moral is not 'luck does not exist' because luck is based on chance and chance is the odds of cause and effect taking place.

Einstein made the comment that 'God does not play dice'. Although Albert was an atheist he meant that every event is the direct result of a cause not chance. Cause and effect. Chance is the odds of 'cause and effect' taking place in a certain sequence.

have a nice weekend

~TwistedBella~

Mother of 2, Stepmom to 2

There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you.......

sweetjmom
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:31 AM
I agree with you 100%. I dont believe in bad luck so vice versus. They say good things' comes to those who wait. They didnt say luck. What does a person say when something great happens for them. Thank you Jesus/GOd! Thats the first thing they say. And only the people will tell you that you are lucky. Life itself gives good or bad. itss all up to you.

Quoting Juniper53098:

I don't believe in luck.  God has my life mapped out for me and it is all about the greater good.  I've had many struggles in my life (abusive childhood, abusive marriage, several miscarriages), but I can now see the good that has come out of all of that.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mainegirl
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Yes i think so. But life is what you make it as well.

MomRocs1102
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:58 PM
yes, but i truly believe in God
ABeautifulQadar
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:12 PM
How do I leave this group?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)