Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you believe in luck?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM
  • 64 Replies
1 mom liked this

Is life just a combination of taking risks and seizing opportunities? What role does fate play in our lives and what responsibility do we have to take for our own fate?

Check out what the Mad Life panel has to say about luck and tell us how you feel.

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I believe in Luck ... maybe it is when your at the right place at the right time .... luck but I do not take many chances 

fraujones
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:26 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm not sure. Some people do seem to live golden lives while others are constantly battling hardship. To a certain extent, people make their own luck by being positive and seizing opportunities. But there are diseases and tragedies that strike at random. 

natesmom1228
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:24 PM
No I don't
Juniper53098
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I don't believe in luck.  God has my life mapped out for me and it is all about the greater good.  I've had many struggles in my life (abusive childhood, abusive marriage, several miscarriages), but I can now see the good that has come out of all of that.

Uhura
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Can you all please do something about the ads that play before the mini videos on every single freaking page of CM? All of a sudden I get blasted with sound when I didn't touch the video at all, I just loaded the page.
SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 5:45 PM
I feel I have been very lucky, but for luck to work, you have to be prepared and have the skills necessary when that bit of luck shows up. I don't play the lottery-I don't believe in that kind of luck. People who spend their money on that usually end up poor.
abra
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe in God, so what others might call luck, I call blessings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Sometimes

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
This!

Quoting abra:

I believe in God, so what others might call luck, I call blessings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I think we all make our own luck,
However it does seem some have better luck than others for what ever reasons :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)