Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you look your age?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you look your age? I did a post a while back here on Mad Life about feeling your age, but how about another angle on the subject: do you look your age. Sure, I know, there's no one "look" for any age, but we all know folks who look really young maybe 28 and when we hear they are, say, 49, our jaws drop. And yes, the opposite can be true to: those that look older than they really are.

We have a good friend who is turning 50 in May and both my husband and I were shocked to find that out...could have sworn he was early 40s. As I mentioned, I'm 40, yet some folks say I look mid-30s. However, I have a lot of gray hair. Which throws off the age guessing a bit. Many store clerks and folks riding in the same elevator as me remark that it is a "good gray" and looks really cool...yet I've been contemplating coloring it (which is all fodder for another post), and I know if I did color it, I would look much younger than 40.

It's a tricky path to assume you know how old someone is by looks or by how old her kids are or by how she dresses or what she does as a profession...but we all do it, make mental estimates.

Do you look your age? What age do folks say you look?

©iStockphoto.com/ Marek Uliasz            

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:18 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I say yes, LOL
Not sure what others would say :)

Juniper53098
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:33 AM

I look like I'm in my mid 30's and I am 44.

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:31 AM

A stranger told me I don't look older than 26. I'm 31. That makes me happy!

slightlyperfect

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:42 AM

They say I look younger.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I hear I look younger then my age.

timon95
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM

i think so :)

goddess99
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I'm 40 and people think I'm early 30s.

ScrChk23
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I look younger than I am.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I think I look at least my age, (65) but then I look at some of my younger friends, and they have more wrinkles than I do. My hair is totally gray, that probably makes me look older.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I think I look my age or older.  I have really let myself go since having kids and have loads of gray hair that needs coloring, losing weight, wearing makeup and things like these would help.  Most people say I look younger, which is nice, but I wonder if they are just being nice LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)