Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Can You Affair-Proof Your Marriage?

Posted by   + Show Post

Keeping the spark alive is a challenge in even the strongest marriages. Andrew, Joanie and Chuck are joined by Dr. Logan Levkoff, a Sexologist and Sexuality Educator, to talk about how you can make sure your relationship “goes the distance!”

Check out what they are talking about and tell us what you think about affair-proofing your marriage. 

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Replies (11-20):
dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I think that if you are both making an effort into your relationship, that one would be less likely to cheat.

SlightlyPerfect
Some people are nothing more than examples of what _not_ to be; they're breathing testimonies of what mediocrity and worthlessness can produce.
Yesterday at 7:37 PM
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I think it's about being selective when choosing a partner. You obviously can't predict the future, but the best way to attempt that is to choose someone whose values don't just coincide with yours, but that he/she embodies values you admire, that you strive for--hopefully together. As long as the potential is there to manifest your values into reality, I'd say that's about as affair-proof as you can get.

slightlyperfect

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Making a effort  to keep the spark going and talk open communication is the best

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:59 PM

agree.

Quoting fraujones:

How to affair-proof your marriage? Don't cheat. You are responsible for your own fidelity and your spouse is responsible for his. This panel shares some great tips for keeping "the spark alive" but I don't think it should be termed "affair-proofing."

natesmom1228
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Communication is important.

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM

This made me LOL.

Quoting MamaMandee:

Let him know of your love of cutting things off that dangle ;)

Juniper53098
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  Marry someone that you can trust.  Don't cheat.  Show your spouse how much you love him.

Quoting fraujones:

How to affair-proof your marriage? Don't cheat. You are responsible for your own fidelity and your spouse is responsible for his. This panel shares some great tips for keeping "the spark alive" but I don't think it should be termed "affair-proofing."

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I like this.

Quoting sukainah:

Trust is a big way.  We have a saying in Islam that if a man and woman are alone together the 3rd is Satan.  I know some may not believe that but it makes sense to me.

lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting MamaMandee:

Let him know of your love of cutting things off that dangle ;)

4kidz916
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I honestly don't think there is any way to make your marriage 100% affair proof.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)