Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Can You Affair-Proof Your Marriage?

Posted by   + Show Post

Keeping the spark alive is a challenge in even the strongest marriages. Andrew, Joanie and Chuck are joined by Dr. Logan Levkoff, a Sexologist and Sexuality Educator, to talk about how you can make sure your relationship “goes the distance!”

Check out what they are talking about and tell us what you think about affair-proofing your marriage. 

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Replies (21-30):
MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Glad I could offer a laugh!

Quoting goddess99:

This made me LOL.

Quoting MamaMandee:

Let him know of your love of cutting things off that dangle ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:10 PM
;)

Quoting lalasmama2007:

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting MamaMandee:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Honestly I see a lot of issues with this video and the chat.

I think you have to be a certain kind of person to just want to improve yourself or your image because someone does that for you....or makes you want to do it for whatever other reason. Not everyone is wired that way at all.

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Quoting fraujones:

How to affair-proof your marriage? Don't cheat. You are responsible for your own fidelity and your spouse is responsible for his. This panel shares some great tips for keeping "the spark alive" but I don't think it should be termed "affair-proofing."

I agree with you for the most part...however I feel that Affair Proof is a perfect term. You need to pay attention to you SO...or they will find it elsewhere just like the chick on the street said. So basically you are affair proofing by making sure your SO's needs are met as well as your own. It is your responsibility to do what you can to work towards that common goal.

CafeMom Tickers
Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sukainah:

Trust is a big way.  We have a saying in Islam that if a man and woman are alone together the 3rd is Satan.  I know some may not believe that but it makes sense to me.

My sister says this all the time. :)

Its a saying meant for a man and a woman whom are not married to each other.

This was how she told me that my husband could not come over unless her husband was home.

CafeMom Tickers
timon95
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:58 PM

i agree, you can have trust and communication and all the other things to have that perfect marriage and you may think all is well and perfect but you just never know. things just happen

Quoting 4kidz916:

I honestly don't think there is any way to make your marriage 100% affair proof.  

family car

RobynS
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM

sidesplittinglaughterIf I'd been taking a drink, I most certainly would have spit it out! LOL

Quoting MamaMandee:

Bob192
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:45 PM

It takes work on both parts!  You have to love the other person when they are being a pain.  That is so hard.  It's so easy to stop doing things for our spouse because they haven't been the way we want them to.  It is easy to get stuck in that cycle!

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM
HeeHee good thing you wernt then ;)

Quoting RobynS:

sidesplittinglaughterIf I'd been taking a drink, I most certainly would have spit it out! LOL

Quoting MamaMandee:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:42 PM

DH and I trust each other completely and we both put the other first in any decision we make so therefore while I am meeting his needs he is meeting mine so we are both happy and have no reason to meet needs in other ways. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)