Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Can You Affair-Proof Your Marriage?

Posted by   + Show Post

Keeping the spark alive is a challenge in even the strongest marriages. Andrew, Joanie and Chuck are joined by Dr. Logan Levkoff, a Sexologist and Sexuality Educator, to talk about how you can make sure your relationship “goes the distance!”

Check out what they are talking about and tell us what you think about affair-proofing your marriage. 

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Replies (31-40):
EsmeVincent
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM

affair-proof?  seriously? Don't cheat, thats the BEST way

Oceana09
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Of course you can "affair proof" a marriage....just convince yourself that you will act like the affair never happened in the event that one does happen. 

tharealty2
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:38 AM

no such thing as affair proof.  You both can decrease the possibility many ways - but you can't make a marriage affair proof.

Mrs.Fields05
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:59 AM

"Where the spirit is willing the flesh is weak" If he/she wants to do it,they're going to do it.

ElizabethGracie
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I don't know how to 'affair proof' a marriage,but I do know that my husband knows that fidelity is his only condition for a life with me. Anything else can be worked out,but infidelity is not one of them.

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

mrswillie
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:29 AM

I again with most of what they said. I agree, you have to keep it spicey. It may not be like the first time you met, but you need the spice,

Elle.tea.22
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Nope. You only know ht you're upto, not what te other is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
the.real.me
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:32 AM

hormones, new babies and all that jazz aside -oh jeez I remember those days and a penis was the LAST thing I wanted to see come out when I finally got in bed...   I'm not sure its so much just a primal urge satisfied as keeping that level of intimacy strong.  I always have noticed when dh and I are getting along great and all I do is think about him during the day (and vice versa)  is also when we are having tons of sex.  If we haven't in a while, things get tense...  just keeps you 'connected'.

Quoting Heather2001:

Yes, ours is affair-proof for several reasons:

1. I married someone that I trust 100% and who never puts himself in any situations that might be iffy....ever.
  2. We know each other's expectations.  We both have the same outlook on infidelity: If you cheat, we're done.  I don't expect any second chances and I wouldn't give any.  It's a one-way ticket to divorce for us.

Keeping the spark alive is such a tiny part of the picture that I'm confused how the whole video revolves around it.  Sorry, but my hubby has put up with three pregnancies where my sex drive is just non-existent, yet he'd never think of going elsewhere for sex.  You can overcome your primal desires, you know.  =\

karamille
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

No, you can't - not completely.  A large portion of the equation in the quality of the character of the people in the relationship.  You can do everything right, but if you are married to a selfish person you can't fix that.

arpazia
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I kinda like that:)

Quoting sukainah:

Trust is a big way.  We have a saying in Islam that if a man and woman are alone together the 3rd is Satan.  I know some may not believe that but it makes sense to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN