Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Is 44 the worst age?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this

Andrew, Chuck and Joanie discuss why middle age is the unhappiest time in most of our lives and how to enjoy those difficult years.

What do you think of being 44? 

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slw123
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I hope not, I'm almost there!
abra
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I'm sure it depends on the person. I mean, we are all dying, but how you plan ahead will have a big impact on how smoothly and enjoyable aging is for you.

We started having children in our 20s and were done having children by the time we were 30. My husband will be in a secure, challenging career within 5 years (he'll be 36, and I'll be 34). I'll be 48 when my youngest graduates from high school. We've had a very challenging last 5 years and have worked through some serious marriage problems and came out stronger then ever. My life continues to get better and better with age. I'm looking forward to turning 30 this year. I'm excited to be getting older! 

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

KaylaMillar
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I hav a long time to worry about this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I'll be 44 in Dec, so I sure hope not!

I suspect its more a matter of where you are in life.  Many 44 year olds have the kids moving out & are wondering if that's all there is to life. Others may just be too aware of their mortality & how much of their life is past.  I plan to have a fantastic year when I'm 44. :)

lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I don't know.  I still have a while to go.

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I have about 6 years until I am 44 and I hope that Im just as happy then as I am now. 

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I am only 31 but I hope I can avoid that whole mid-life thing. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM

It is/was not a  bad age,
It does depend on what is going on in one's life at the time but still .. not a bad one
I'd gladly trade for it right now ;)

Juniper53098
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:33 PM

44 is a great age!!!  I'm 44 right now and have no complaints.

Juniper53098
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I'm 44, with 1 out of the house, 1 in 2nd grade and 1 not yet in school.  So, I've got a long time before I'm an empty nester.  I'm in the best health of my life and happily married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)