Mommy Treat Time: Chocolate Hazelnut Cutout Cookies (Nocciolini)
Chocolate Hazelnut Cutout Cookies (Nocciolini) from My Recipes site and Under 100 calories!
Cornstarch gives these cookies a delicate, sandy texture. You could also fill them with thick caramel or frosting.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 to 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread such as Nutella
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with a stand mixer until well blended, or whirl in a food processor. Add cornstarch and flour and beat on low speed, or whirl, until dough comes together and is very smooth.
- 2. Divide dough in half. Roll each portion between sheets of parchment paper into a 1/8-in.-thick round. Stack and freeze rounds on a baking sheet until dough is firm enough to cut, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Lift off parchment, cut dough with a floured 1 1/2- to 2-in.-wide cutter, and transfer to ungreased baking sheets, spacing slightly apart. Gather scraps, refreeze, and reroll as needed.
- 4. Bake cookies until light golden, 10 to 14 minutes, switching pan positions halfway through baking. Transfer to racks to cool.
- 5. Spread half of cookies on flat sides with a generous coat of chocolate hazelnut spread, then top each with a second cookie.
- Make ahead: Up to 3 days, stored airtight.
- Note: Nutritional analaysis is per 1 1/2-in. sandwich cookie.