Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How is your Me Time?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 53 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've typed about it, virtually discussed it here on CM, and thought about it A LOT. Me Time. That elusive bit of minutes (dare we say hours?) that is just for us. No wiping tushees, no doing laundry, no working...uninterrupted time for me and only me. And it comes in all forms - Me Time could be when you are taking a hot bubble bath, getting your nails done, going for a run, meeting friends for a cup of coffee, or just napping.

Many a mom I know who have Me Time relish it, love it, become energized by it, though all confess to a bit of guilt during it. Admit that they aren't sure it's okay, feel bad about devoting time to themselves and not their kids (and spouse).

That's the kicker, huh? There's never a clear-cut feeling these days. It's all part of that crazy juggling act we do as parents - if we are focused on one thing, something else may not be as much of a priority at that time.

But I do think it is so essential we take time for ourselves. Part of being healthy and a good mom, I feel, is being happy with myself, being tuned into me. Granted, I haven't had Me Time since...well...I can't remember the last time I did. But I'm definitely going to make it a point to actively try to fit it in, at least once a week, a half hour, something, to tune into myself.

When do you have Me Time? Do you feel guilty (even a little) when you have it?

©iStockphoto.com/ donskarpo 

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrissydan
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I am working on trying to find time for me time. I stiill have an infant so im trying to find a blance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM

My me time is the few hours after my kids fall asleep and before I do lol.

MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:23 AM

LOL I have Me Time in the car school lines or while our kiddos are on the martial arts floor working out. Oh wait and if I go grocery shopping alone, hehe.

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I'm alone all day, every day, so I have tons of me time. No guilt at all.

fraujones
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:44 AM

We're all having a little Me time by chatting on CM, right? :)

I don't get a lot of it. Usually a few minutes in the morning before the kids wake up or on my lunch break at work. 

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I do find me time...it makes everyone happier. lol I do sometimes feel a little guilty-but then I have some chocolate and the guilt goes away. :)

dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I got up early this morning (not by choice), but I'm getting some me time on the computer.

liveforever
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I dont feel guilty for having me time. Everyone needs it.

Sometimes its a trip to Target alone...free to browse every single aisle! lol

Sometimes its dinner out with a friend.

Whatever it is, I enjoy it!

lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I usually get my me time at night after everyone else is asleep.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Sometimes after my husband comes home and I'm done with all my chores, I go lay in bed and read or watch TV for awhile.  It's not always uninterrupted though LOL.  I do feel a little guilty about it because my DH is tired after work too, but he gets Me Time because I go to bed early so he has lots of time alone before he goes to bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)