Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How is your Me Time?

Posted by   + Show Post

I've typed about it, virtually discussed it here on CM, and thought about it A LOT. Me Time. That elusive bit of minutes (dare we say hours?) that is just for us. No wiping tushees, no doing laundry, no working...uninterrupted time for me and only me. And it comes in all forms - Me Time could be when you are taking a hot bubble bath, getting your nails done, going for a run, meeting friends for a cup of coffee, or just napping.

Many a mom I know who have Me Time relish it, love it, become energized by it, though all confess to a bit of guilt during it. Admit that they aren't sure it's okay, feel bad about devoting time to themselves and not their kids (and spouse).

That's the kicker, huh? There's never a clear-cut feeling these days. It's all part of that crazy juggling act we do as parents - if we are focused on one thing, something else may not be as much of a priority at that time.

But I do think it is so essential we take time for ourselves. Part of being healthy and a good mom, I feel, is being happy with myself, being tuned into me. Granted, I haven't had Me Time since...well...I can't remember the last time I did. But I'm definitely going to make it a point to actively try to fit it in, at least once a week, a half hour, something, to tune into myself.

When do you have Me Time? Do you feel guilty (even a little) when you have it?

©iStockphoto.com/ donskarpo 

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-53):
ceciliam
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I have me time everyday from 9:30-3:30.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I love me time. My husband makes sure I always have some and vice versa. We all need it.

IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Very rarely. And yes! I feel guilty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN