Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Adjusting Your Attitude

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:03 PM
  • 5 Replies

How you think can have a profound effect on your emotional and physical well-being. Each time you think a negative thought about yourself, your body reacts as if it were in the throes of a tension-filled situation. If you see good things about yourself, you are more likely to feel good; the reverse is also true. Eliminate words such as "always," "never," "should," and "must." These are telltale marks of self-defeating thoughts.

Do you ever have self-defeating thoughts? How do you deal with it?

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/stress_management_relief_coping.htm

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
slw123
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I am a determined individual.  If I want something, I do it.  I know that I am a strong person and I can do anything I set my mind to.  The thing I have a hard time with is understanding why everyone isn't the same.

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I am a strong person to if I put my mind to something . Some people can not take me the way I am .

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Good share!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I struggle with this. Distraction helps. 

abra
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Yes, but to be fair, if we rely on ourselves for strength, we will eventually fail. I draw my strength from Christ. It takes all the pressure off me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)