Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are You Addicted to Your Smartphone?

Posted by   + Show Post

In our hyper-connected world, when do we get time to sit with our own thoughts? Ian Kerner, Sex and Relationship expert is here to teach us some basic behavior changes we can make to get us to put down the phone and pay attention to life! 

Are You Addicted to Your Smartphone?

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I am addicted to my laptop .. .I don't have a smart phone they are just not smart in this dead zone much

KristinRox
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I actually do NOT live on my smart phone. I have an iphone, but I dont use it very much. 

KristinRox
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I play on mine too... when Im in the car.. in the passengers seat. 

Quoting elasmimi:

Yep, I'm not ashamed to admit it. i don't talk much, but I do play me some games!

JOIN US ON:

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:38 PM

OMG I thought I was the only one! I feel like every time I talk to someone who has a smart phone, their attention is on the phone. So I won't get one. I don't want to end up like that. I don't care about what people are doing on Facebook all the time. Plus, I'm too cheap for a data plan. I can do everything I need right over MMS.

Quoting MichelleK41:

I do not own a smartphone, LOL.

slightlyperfect

mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Yea
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM

No, I use it as a tool, but I'm not addicted to it. Now, CafeMom...yep, I am addicted to CafeMom.

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I think I am to a certain point. It entertains my kids when we are out in public. It also keeps me from getting bored if you are stuck waiting somewhere. I don't know what we did without them :)

GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I don't use it when I'm home, but I can't leave home without it.  It is handy when you're waiting somewhere, esp if you have kids.  But I do make sure I put it down if I should be/could be interacting with someone.

Almost 2 months ago, I was waiting to have a ct scan done.  It took forever for them to call me back.  While I was waiting, an older man (mid to late 70s) sat near me & started chatting.  I was on my phone but ended up putting it away because he kept chatting - and he was more interesting than anything on my phone!  He really was a nice man - and very interesting to talk to.  A good reminder than even in a waiting room, we could be talking to people there rather than looking at our phone.

Kel13lighthouse
Boo On The Farm Come join and let them know I sent you.
Yesterday at 11:37 AM
'' Country Lovin Group - CafeMom

A group for pet lovers and country lovers alike.

by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Don't own one. 

GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Quoting sanj1213:

I don't own a smartphone 

iPhones are smartphones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)