Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are You Addicted to Your Smartphone?

Posted by   + Show Post

In our hyper-connected world, when do we get time to sit with our own thoughts? Ian Kerner, Sex and Relationship expert is here to teach us some basic behavior changes we can make to get us to put down the phone and pay attention to life! 

Are You Addicted to Your Smartphone?

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
abra
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:19 PM
nope. Some days I forget it until my husband gets home from work and asks where I was all day. OOps!
stayathome510
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:13 PM
no.
MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Yep I agree with you. =)

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

OMG I thought I was the only one! I feel like every time I talk to someone who has a smart phone, their attention is on the phone. So I won't get one. I don't want to end up like that. I don't care about what people are doing on Facebook all the time. Plus, I'm too cheap for a data plan. I can do everything I need right over MMS.

Quoting MichelleK41:

I do not own a smartphone, LOL.

Bob192
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I don't have one.  I think people are disrespectful when they are messing with their phones when they are supposed to be spending time with you.

LOswald0314
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Probably a little bit!

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:09 AM
No. Although I've never left it anywhere and I don't forget it, it's more like my lip balm than a life line: I use it when I need it and otherwise just carry it around...
lhazel24
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:12 AM

I have never owned a smart phone, if fact, my husband and I share a cell phone. We live in the boonies where we get no phone service so we have 1 home phone and 1 cell phone. No need to pay out the wazooo for smartphones.

Baby-Grandmama
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Ha! I don't even know what a smart phone is. Is that what you young people use for instantly messaging on FB and etc. ? I am addicted to some TV shows: Dance Moms and Project Runway
liveforever
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I dont have a smartphone.

I have to say the addicted people can get annoying. I have a friend that can never put her phone down. Were out to dinner and its always there, shes always checking it, always replying to fb or whatever. Its seriously obnoxious!

Threes.Company
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I am! :( Very guilty!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN