Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are You Addicted to Your Smartphone?

Posted by   + Show Post

In our hyper-connected world, when do we get time to sit with our own thoughts? Ian Kerner, Sex and Relationship expert is here to teach us some basic behavior changes we can make to get us to put down the phone and pay attention to life! 

Are You Addicted to Your Smartphone?

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Replies (51-60):
Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:05 AM

No, not addicted.  I'm the one telling my husband to put the phone down most of the time.

appleproducts
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I'm addicted to my iphone and my ipad. We live in a world where technology is evolving all around us and we always want better. I don't just need it for personal use but also for business use and having a smart phone really makes my life much easier. You can do so much more like banking, schedule meetings, record memos, book keeping, etc., basically anywhere and not have to be at home.

I didn't have a smart phone for a while so I really did not know what I was missing. I do all my work on my computer and carry a notepad with me. At times, it is not convenient having to carry your laptop with you. Now you have a mini computer in the palm of your hands, how amazing! I called my iPhone Billy! ;)

I'd say having a smart phone is essential for me but I know when not to use it - such as when you're with a friend, in meetings, alone time with hubby, or family.

othermom
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I won't let the kids get on till they can pay for it themselves. We don't even own smart phones
conweis
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Same

Quoting MichelleK41:

I do not own a smartphone, LOL.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Probably. But I like to think of myself as a high functioning addict! lol

bhwrn1
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Yup, I am!
louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I'm planning on getting one I think.  lol  My phone is old and on it's last leg.  

proudmommy690
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Yes i am
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM

No

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM
pretty much.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)