Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

3rd DUI and still a free man?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM
  • 26 Replies

A city councilman in my area was just arrested for his 3rd DUI. He was back at work the next morning. 

My next door neighbor was recently given a 6 month jail sentence (he served 1 month) for building code violations (he junked up his yard...think hoarder style) and failure to pay fines. It wasnt his first run in with the city, but still.....

Lets let someone who puts others lives at risk walk free to do it again. I mean if you dont learn your lesson after the first time nothing is going to change. I doubt 3 DUIs will stop him from doing it again. But then theyll toss someone in jail who was no real harm to anyone??? 

I do not get that logic at all!! Im glad my neighbor was forced to clean up his act before rodents or roaches made a home in all his stuff. I like that my city takes great pride in how it looks...his mess WAS an eyesore...but I would much rather see someone with multiple DUIs in jail!

Where is the logic in all of this??

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Wow! Sad!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:33 PM

My best friend, her husband and her 6 week old baby girl were all killed by a drunk driver and a college kid who was racing the drunk. The drunk driver was on his 3rd DUI. It makes me sick to think about it. 

liveforever
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Omg! I'm so sorry for your loss. That's horrible! They really need stiffer penalties. That usually doesn't happen until someone gets killed unfortunately. It shouldn't have to go that far.

Quoting abra:

My best friend, her husband and her 6 week old baby girl were all killed by a drunk driver and a college kid who was racing the drunk. The drunk driver was on his 3rd DUI. It makes me sick to think about it. 

Juniper53098
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I'm so sorry =(

Quoting abra:

KristinRox
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM

There isnt logic in it at all. The justice system is screwy. 

The 3 dui guy sounds like my bil.. hes such a skeeze. 

conweis
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM
That wouldn't fly here
celestegood
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:05 PM
My fil had over twenty DUIs. He never spent a day in jail or lost his license. He lived in a small town and grew up with the guys who ran the town. He would be told he could drive to work and home again but he was self employed. He could say he was on his way to work and nobody could dispute it.
He drove dh and me pregnant with our firstborn fall down drunk a hundred miles once and almost killed us.
People like that make me sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Thats good! Is it your state or city with tougher laws?

Quoting conweis:

That wouldn't fly here.
liveforever
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:53 AM

20?! Wow that is insane!

Glad you guys are ok. If he was that drunk I wouldnt have gone with him.

Quoting celestegood:

My fil had over twenty DUIs. He never spent a day in jail or lost his license. He lived in a small town and grew up with the guys who ran the town. He would be told he could drive to work and home again but he was self employed. He could say he was on his way to work and nobody could dispute it.
He drove dh and me pregnant with our firstborn fall down drunk a hundred miles once and almost killed us.
People like that make me sick.

Gabeys_Mommy
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:58 AM
My FIL had his second DUI a few months back. He rear ended someone, had open intoxicants, a suspended license, and blew a .345. He was out the,next day and has been out for months with an ankle bracelet that monitors his blood alcohol level. Any alcohol, it sounds and they come pick him up. He had court recently for sentencing..he only got 155 days in jail, 115 in he behaves himself. Not nearly enough in my opinion. What's next....killing someone?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)