Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do You Have a Favorite Child?

Posted by   + Show Post

It's a guilty fear for all moms: do we favor one child over another? What does it mean to have a favorite, and how can we do more to make sure all our kids feel equally loved? Check out what Andrew, Chuck and Joanie have to say. 

Do You Have a Favorite Child?

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Replies (31-40):
4kidz916
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I love my kids all equally.

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:21 PM

no i dont

LindaClement
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:01 PM

My girls are so different from one another that I appreciate them for different things.

One of them thinks the same way I do, so a lot of parenting her has been easier, which is relaxing and affirming.

One of them thinks like her dad, so although it's familiar, it's far less intuitive. It's been harder, which is refreshing and caused far more personal growth for me.

They are different people, and show (and feel) love in different ways. I could never have been 'the same' with both of them without one always feeling alienated by it.

BabyTeki
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Nope
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bob192
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM

They are all different and I love them in different ways!

Janet
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM
No, I love them all the same.
RobynS
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I always joke that I am my mom's favorite of her 4 kids! LOL ;)

I love my kids equally (but differently). I connect better with DS, and DD is definitely more difficult. But oh, how I love them both! Couldn't say one is my 'fave.'

serafina776
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:44 PM
yes!
melaniecerise
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:34 PM
I wish I could say i don't. However, because my youngest had more health problems then my first. i give her mor eattention.
MomTiara19
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I love both my kids.

When kids grow up the favoritism from their moms can sometimes lead them to therapy...

Golden child,scape goat....not good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement