Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do You and Your Partner Fight Fair?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM
  • 50 Replies

There are two layers to every fight you have with your partner: the subject and the emotion underneath it. Sex and Relationship Expert Ian Kerner is here to help you understand how you fight AND how your partner fights.

Do you and your partner fight fair?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Actually, we think so much alike that we rarely disagree. When we do however, we take turns listening to each others point of view and figure out a solution that satisfies both of us.
LindaClement
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:38 PM

We do, yes.

Mostly because I've learned better communication skills, so I can 'hear' what he is trying to say, instead of helping to escalate differences.

I'm NOT competitive. I hate competition, and I always have.

liveforever
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I believe we do.

We rarely argue but when we do its more of a heated discussion then a fight. Weve never really yelled at each other. I think we both learned from past relationships it doesnt work...you need to listen to each other, take time to calm down if needed, then figure out a solution.

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:49 PM
We don't fight! And we don't throw low jabs if we disagree!
wandep
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Yes
othermom
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM
We argue occasionally, but not to often. If e disagree about something try totalk itout.
conweis
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I use intimidation when fighting. I kinda overload him with facts. statistics, logic and in the end persuasion. I am the alpha in our relationship. I am either right or we agree to disagree.

AimSnapHolz
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:34 PM

We try not to let things get to the point where we are actually arguing or fighting about something. We really work to communicate before it goes that far.

When it does, I don't usually fight fair. It's something I'm working on... I grew up in a household where you had to scream to be heard, and if that didn't work, you slapped someone upside the head. I have not had many healthy relationships, and that makes it worse. I am learning to keep my temper in check, to listen to the other side, and to take my own feelings out of the equation long enough to really see his side of things instead of just insisting things go my way. It's really hard for me, but I'm trying very hard and I'm lucky enough to have a partner who will patiently (and tactfully) remind me when I'm acting like a jerk.

kellynh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

No!! Lol!! I'll be honest!! 

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Yes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)