Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you like one child more than another?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 51 Replies

Talk about a loaded question, huh? Do you have a favorite child? Now, I have to kind of excuse myself from being able to fully engage on this one, as I only have one kiddo, so, um yeah, she's my favorite. But coming from a family of two children (my older sis and moi) and observing my husband's family, also with two kids (my husband and his brother) as well as talking about this with friends who have multiple kiddos, I don't think there is any easy answer here.

The love part of parenting, that is a given. You love your kids, all of them, even when they drive you insane. But I do think it is okay to admit maybe you get along better with one kid...and that may morph as they get older. Our kids are people. They have personalities, just like our friends and folks we engage in everyday, and sometimes those personalities mesh better with yours on any given day. Doesn't mean you love the others less, just means your "natural you" gets along better with that kiddo's "natural her."

I kind of think if this occurs, you may have to work harder with that other kiddo, that kiddo that your natural personalities don't jive as well. It is then that you have the most important parenting job - make him or her feel just as close to you. Dig deep and find some common shared ground that sparks both of you. Oh so vital, right?

Well, let's get going on this -- do you have a favorite child? Do you know anyone who does?

©iStockphoto.com/robynmac          

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:49 AM

Nope, no favorite child. Each of mine is so different and I love them all the same.

mrswillie
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:07 AM

No, I don't.

wandep
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:30 AM

No, I don't.

GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:49 AM

They both have times where I like them better, but no one is my favorite.

IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Nope. I like all three of my kids the same. I try to spend one on one time with all three of them.

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:42 AM

no I only have 1 but if I did all would be created equal

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:42 AM
No, I don't ,
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I only have one. No one I know has ever told me they have a favorite.

aneela
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM

i only have one child but if i had more...then heck no...each child is diff and special...you may show affection differently as each child's love language is different..

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM

nope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN