Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you have "hot button" topics?

Posted by   + Show Post

Since we are on the topic, let's go there: what do you fight most about? Sure, it can vary depending on the time of year -- around the holidays, it may be some old family issues, dealing with in-laws and so on, while other times it could be money and finances, while still other times, it could be a kid issue.

So, what do you fight most about? The more I talk to couples, the more I realize every couple has those same two or three things that crop up all of the time, every after year, things that have been around loooong before. Is it one person's tone? It is another person's selfishness? Is it finances, as one person is a spender, while the other is a saver? Is it that his mom is too involved and he won't talk to her about it?

What my husband and I realized a few years in...we will always fight about a few certain things. Things that are in each of our inherent nature and just always will be an eternal point of contention. What could we do about it? Well, we decided that when it came to those issues, we have to have a concentrated effort to remove the emotion from that argument and recognize that there's a level of issue-ness there. Those things still crop up, but most often, now, realizing that the arguments stem from something in our nature just not meshing, we can handle it better, be more on a discussion level...rather than a fight level. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

What do you fight most about?

©iStockphoto.com/ raywoo 

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-49):
dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I'd say financial and his "hobbies" that don't include the family, even though he says that they do.

conweis
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:08 PM

His procrastination

My past infidelty

My secret-ness (I hate having people even my SO all up in my business)

aneela
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM

religion

Bob192
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Money!

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:12 AM

We fight most about the fact that I feel like I'm raising two chidlren instead of having a husband and a child.

He still seems to think that I am responsible for the house, when he is home with me. He's in between jobs right now. He's looking. But he's home a lot more right now, and refuses to pick up anything or help around the house.

Well, that has actually changed slightly. When I ask him (I have to ask or it doesn't get done) he will do it.

Although he has issues taking out the trash which is something that he has always been responsible for.

He yells all the time about me being a nag. 

We barely talk, how can I possibly be a nag?

CafeMom Tickers
Threes.Company
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

We usually fight about the budget.

beckolette
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Money is the extremely HOT BUTTON in this house. Has been for 31 yrs. 

GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Honestly, nothing. It's amazing how alike we are in our thinking and the overall way we view the world.

mommythree0508
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Him helping out and spending time with the kids
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN