Chewy Chocolate-Cherry Cookies from the My Recipes site & Under 100 calories!
Try this cookie recipe that contrasts the tartness of the cherries with the cocoa and chocolate chips for an elegant, and delicious, addition to your holiday table.
Yield: 30 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Place sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until well blended. Add vanilla and egg; beat well. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture. Beat just until combined. Fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or just until set. Remove from oven; cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.