Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are you spending time with inlaws this weekend?

Posted by   + Show Post
Are you spending time with any of your SO/DH's family this weekend? Do you get along with them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Replies (21-27):
liveforever
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:38 PM

What type of restrictions do you have?

Quoting Juniper53098:

We were invited, but decided it was better to stay home this year, due to our dietary restrictions.

I love my inlaws.  Some years, my DH is on call for Easter weekend and the kids and I go without him.

sanj1213
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:09 PM

We're in Texas and my dh's dad is in South Carolina so we spent some time with my side of the family. They're only about 10-15 min. away

sanj1213
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Oh and yes I get along really well with his side of the family. 

chrissydan
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM
We went it was nice we had a great visit and normally get along great
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:03 AM

We are on the GAPS diet.  We can't have any grains or potatoes.  The only sugars we can have are honey and fruits (only between meals).  My son is doing really well on the diet, but he has a hard time being around people who are drinking soda.

Quoting liveforever:

What type of restrictions do you have?

Quoting Juniper53098:

We were invited, but decided it was better to stay home this year, due to our dietary restrictions.

I love my inlaws.  Some years, my DH is on call for Easter weekend and the kids and I go without him.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:14 AM

We did not

IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:49 AM

We were supposed to.....sort of. For lunch at DH's cousin's house....MIL and FIL were supposed to be there because DH's aunt has custody of SIL's daughter. But we all got sick and didn't go. We'll be going to visit with DH's aunt and our niece later in the week.

But no, I don't get along with my in-laws at all. DH doesn't even like them, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)