Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

lashea

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM
  • 27 Replies
IM so sick in tried of my kids always fighting all the time. They are a year apart, I don't know what to cause they are 9,8 year old. They are a girl, boy and IM always in the dam middle of theri fights. Do we need to go group therapist that's deals with family issues.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrissydan
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I think its normal for kids to fight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Haha, it's what they do best!
No need for therapy;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM

If it's causing you that much stress, a family therapist is never a bad idea.  While they will not "fix" your situation by teaching your kids to get along (like others have said, at this point, they are going to fight, that's a given!), but they can help teach them skills to avoid some arguments, help you learn coping skills to lower your stress and anxiety, help you learn when to step in and when to let them work it out, and other things.  Many insurances have great therapy coverage, your just have to call and ask how it works!

lashea727
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Ok how is that normal

Quoting chrissydan:

I think its normal for kids to fight

othermom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Kids do fight a lot. One thing I have done with mine when they fight is I give them a warning if they don't stop they wash walls. I give them each a ragand they get to start on opposite sides of the hall way. My older two are almost 10 and 7. My younger one gets in the arguements sometimes too and another thing I will do is seperate everyone to diffrent spots in a room even if that means three spots on the floor away from each other faceing a wall. They decide pretty quick it is better to get along.

lashea727
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I will call and ask my medicaid for some group therapy today
othermom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM

If you feel a therapist will help, definatly try it out, it could give you some good tips on what to try.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

If you feel it's not normal, I think trying a therapist is a good idea

lashea727
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM
IM going to start giving them things to do cause they fight, tell so much. I will get some things for them to do today

Quoting othermom:

Kids do fight a lot. One thing I have done with mine when they fight is I give them a warning if they don't stop they wash walls. I give them each a ragand they get to start on opposite sides of the hall way. My older two are almost 10 and 7. My younger one gets in the arguements sometimes too and another thing I will do is seperate everyone to diffrent spots in a room even if that means three spots on the floor away from each other faceing a wall. They decide pretty quick it is better to get along.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I agree

Quoting anotherandree:

If it's causing you that much stress, a family therapist is never a bad idea.  While they will not "fix" your situation by teaching your kids to get along (like others have said, at this point, they are going to fight, that's a given!), but they can help teach them skills to avoid some arguments, help you learn coping skills to lower your stress and anxiety, help you learn when to step in and when to let them work it out, and other things.  Many insurances have great therapy coverage, your just have to call and ask how it works!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)