Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Keep Breaking Stuff

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 18 Replies

My kids do not have respect for anything they get. It just urks me so much considering I grew up with nada. I bought three nabi tablets. My oldest son had a charger issue. Not his fault. But I go to the store tonight and come back to find the screen to my second son's nabi cracked. It will cost 75 dollars to be replaced. It most likely happen because they were jumping on my bed.
I was using my middle son's nabi today in bed because I was sick. It was still on the bed when I got back from the store. They have a habit of jumping on my bed when I am not around, So I am mad at them and my SO.

Do you have kids that break stuff? Does your df/so/dh kind of let the kids run the house when you are not home?

(My SO is on bed rest so I understand that the kids can over run him but damn, couldn't he have knocked them off the bed or threaten to "tell mommy")

My vent for the day.

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrissydan
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Well if you know they do this why buy them expensive stuff or start taking it away? If they know you will just fix it anyway how will they learn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:26 PM
My kids are pretty good but we recently got our niece & she has broken a few things. We are working on it. Sorry you have to deal with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sanj1213
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:29 PM

My son is rough with everything! He hasn't broken anything yet and I hope he doesn't, but I just know one of these days he will. 

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I wouldn't fix what they break if it was broken because they weren't taken care of things properly. They ned to learn natural consequence.

wandep
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Sorry. I would start taking things away from them.

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Thankfully I didn't have that problem but I know plenty who do.  Me....I wouldn't let them have things if they were rough on them.  Maybe before you fix that screen you should tell him he has to do things around the house to "earn" the money to have it done.  Good luck!!  Vent away all you need to.....we're good listeners!!   :)

IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this

My boys used to do this. I started throwing things away instead of fixing/replacing them. And I'd also donate one of their favorite things when they broke something on purpose.

They've stopped breaking on purpose now. There have been a few accidental breaks though.

aneela
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM

some items are junky and break easy some are not...if they are just rough on stuff...just be more careful in future and monitor them with the expensive stuff...sorry that happened

aneela
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM

i agree with this...take stuff away...a lot of kids have too much and they take things for granted...

Quoting IncognitoOne:

My boys used to do this. I started throwing things away instead of fixing/replacing them. And I'd also donate one of their favorite things when they broke something on purpose.

They've stopped breaking on purpose now. There have been a few accidental breaks though.

aneela
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM

that usually works like a charm

Quoting wandep:

Sorry. I would start taking things away from them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)