Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Keep Breaking Stuff

Posted by   + Show Post

My kids do not have respect for anything they get. It just urks me so much considering I grew up with nada. I bought three nabi tablets. My oldest son had a charger issue. Not his fault. But I go to the store tonight and come back to find the screen to my second son's nabi cracked. It will cost 75 dollars to be replaced. It most likely happen because they were jumping on my bed.
I was using my middle son's nabi today in bed because I was sick. It was still on the bed when I got back from the store. They have a habit of jumping on my bed when I am not around, So I am mad at them and my SO.

Do you have kids that break stuff? Does your df/so/dh kind of let the kids run the house when you are not home?

(My SO is on bed rest so I understand that the kids can over run him but damn, couldn't he have knocked them off the bed or threaten to "tell mommy")

My vent for the day.

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Replies (11-18):
brittany208
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM

In our house, if DS is not using things nicely/properly, they are taken away from him immediately. He barely has a chance to break anything. And if he broke something of HIS--it would not be replaced. Too bad for him, he should have taken care of it. And if its a habit, then yes, I wouldnt be buying them nice things anymore

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM

My kids do this once in awhile.I wont replace anything they break on purpose

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

We never had the option to replace things that got broken. If it broke, it was over, period.

That said, I'm a very zen person when it comes to possessions: I see the glass as already broken.

I know that in the grand scheme of things, 100% of everything that is currently whole will, at some point in the future, not be. Since it is absolutely inevitable, it's easier to handle.

Sometimes I'm sad because something I liked was destroyed, but it never lasts long. I just don't care all that much about stuff.

Janet
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:27 PM
One of mine is bad about not taking care of his things.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
conweis
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:02 PM

This is the first time I bought something like this and it had a good track record on being durable for little kids. In the past if they broke something I would just throw it away. I thought with age and not getting anything nice in a long time they would be a little more cautious. Plus this makes schooling a lot easier.

Quoting chrissydan:

Well if you know they do this why buy them expensive stuff or start taking it away? If they know you will just fix it anyway how will they learn

conweis
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I won't be fixing my middle son's nabi for some time. He will have to wait a month before I mail it off to be repair, bu I do use their nabi too. Using their tablets makes me want to get a tablet of my own, but I am such a cheap person. Why buy a tablet when I three in my possesion... Plus I drop stuff. I am afraid I will break a tablet with my clumsiness LOL!

Quoting mrswillie:

I wouldn't fix what they break if it was broken because they weren't taken care of things properly. They ned to learn natural consequence.

sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM
My dd is pretty good about things, but I am quick to correct her when she's being rough with something. I do feel your pain on kids running the show when dad is in charge, my dd has her daddy wrapped around her finger.
Kmakksmom
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM
My kids have never broken anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN