Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

"How do babies come out?"

Posted by   + Show Post

So my 7 year old daughter and I went out for a girl's night.  While we were having dinner, she was asking me all kinds of questions about various things.  Then she says to me, "You might say I'm to young for this question, but how do babies get out of their mom's bellies?"  I told her that I could give her the short version, but the long version would have to wait until she was older.  She agreed.  It was easy to explain because she has two brothers so she knows what a penis and a vagina are.

What was nice is that I told her that she could ask me anything.  I would never lie to her, but sometimes I could only tell her the short version.  I promised her that I would tell her the long version when she was older.  She said, "I can live with that."  I can live with that, too.

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Replies (11-19):
OliviasMommy611
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM
:)

Quoting anotherandree:

LOL!!!

Quoting AkashaGermaine:

My dd was in the room when ds was born. So she knows how babies come out. She's 6 and I'm not looking forward to the day when she asks how they get in there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Oh wow I'm not ready for that question!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd knew how babies get out by 4. We watched birth video's together. She loved them! My middle dd gets grossed out and gags at the silliest things so we haven't watched a video yet but I have explained the mechanics. My 3 yr old thinks they come out of your belly button.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I told her that they come out of a women's vagina.  She said she had more questions, but I told her that was the short version and she would know more during the longer version when she was older.

Quoting brittany208:

So what did you tell her?

So far I just told my 3yo that babies come out of a hole between mommy's legs. He hasn't asked about how they get in there yet, though, thankfully!

Stevensmomma
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Well then you can honestly say they came out of your belly

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Cute :)

I had c-sections, so my boys haven't asked about how they come out. I don't think I'm looking forward to the day they ask if all babies come out of a scar..lol.

Stevensmomma
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I think that was good enough for now kids grow up too fast now a days

Quoting anotherandree:

I told her that they come out of a women's vagina.  She said she had more questions, but I told her that was the short version and she would know more during the longer version when she was older.

Quoting brittany208:

So what did you tell her?

So far I just told my 3yo that babies come out of a hole between mommy's legs. He hasn't asked about how they get in there yet, though, thankfully!

Janet
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Good idea.
Kmakksmom
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM
great conversation!
KaylaMillar
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:04 PM

cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)