Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you have rules about...

Posted by   + Show Post

Screen time? How old are your kiddos, and what kind of rules/restrictions do you have?

typing

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Replies (21-27):
GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM

They each have their own iPods, iPads, and nexus'. They can only use them after homework. And we censor what navies they can watch on their Netflix account. All of their games and shows were approved and added by us.

liveforever
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM

My dd is 6. We dont really have set rules for times. Some days shell want to play on the computer more then others, some days shes busy playing the whole time and doesnt give it any thought. 

liveforever
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Im the same way. We havent had a need to put limits on it yet, but I will if I need to.

Quoting .Angelica.:

We dont. If it ever becomes a problem I will set some up but it hasn't been yet

Stevensmomma
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM

not too young yet he doenst use it

chattycassie
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM

The computer just crashed so none of that... LOL I allow then to have screen time ONLY after chores and homework are done. The amnt of time depends on what we are doing. My kids are 14, (she nvr puts the screen down) 11, (love the video games about an hour a day) and 7 she varies most days she doesn't want any screen time except some TV. When the computer was running we have blocks on certain sites and use our parental controls.

MrsRobinson06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I don't because they still spend most of the day playing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM

For computers or any screen. Yes, limited to 1 hour a day for "toys" (DS, iPod), and 1 hour at most for TV

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement