Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Fitbit?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM
  • 11 Replies

My neighor just got a Fitbit and she LOVES it (it is a pedometer that tracks not only your steps, but your sleep and stuff).  

If anyone has it, do you like it?

If not, do you have/do anything to keep you motivated to work out?  I thin that is my problem is that I am just so stinkin' unmotivated.  I'm hoping that something fun and interesting would keep me going but I don't want to drop $100 with a "we'll see."

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I haven't heard of it, but I definitely struggle with workout motivation. Honestly, social pressure is the only thing that keeps me going... Whether it's a commitment to work out at a certain time with a friend, or joining a class with someone so I have a commitment to be there. THOSE are the things that I keep going with for longer than a week or two.

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Never heard of it. I probably wouldn't really use it either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katvixenstar
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I've never heard of it either, so here's a bump for you! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Never heard of it. Sounds interesting
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Yes, I have one and love it. Especially the sleep pattern that it gives you. I don't wear it all the time tho I ended up buying the activity link that weight watchers has and sorta have been using it now. I love the new fit bit that they have where you wear it on your wrist. :) Its def worth the $100 tho...

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Sorry never heard of it or do I have anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:26 PM

THat's the thing, the people that have it love it.  I think it sounds fun to see if I can "beat" my goal for the day.  I also really like how it takes the guess work out of the goals and sets them based on what you want to lose and such.

Quoting wandep:

Yes, I have one and love it. Especially the sleep pattern that it gives you. I don't wear it all the time tho I ended up buying the activity link that weight watchers has and sorta have been using it now. I love the new fit bit that they have where you wear it on your wrist. :) Its def worth the $100 tho...

GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM

My husband and I each have one (we are just both very competitive) and we love it! We have the fitbit one and we love it so much we are waiting for the fitbit flex to be released! It's definitely worth it.

liveforever
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:49 PM

The ladies in the healthy weight loss group say its great. I want one, but Im too cheap to buy one. I just try to take the dog on a walk daily and spend at least 30 min on the elliptical. Its been working so far!

timon95
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

i am the same as you. i love it, but don't want to drop that kind of money. and yup, i too can be pretty unmotivated

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)