Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How Do We Talk To Our Kids About Sex?

Posted by   + Show Post

Andrew has two teenage boys, so he is ready for advice! Sexologist and Sexuality Educator, Dr. Logan Levkoff is here to help us break down the birds and the bees. 

How Do We Talk To Our Kids About Sex?

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Replies (11-20):
joi_kool
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I agree to keep things positive however, I think you have to have age appropriate conversations with your child. I have 12 year old boy/girl twins. My daughter is older mentally than my son. The conversations have to be different with what they can handle.
Sisteract
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Glad that mine are older and we are past that stage.
Janet
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Ditto

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I am just honest and open. Sex is not something I shy up about. I want my children to come to me with sex questions.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
conweis
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I try to give accurate information based on their maturity level. When they start asking questions I ask about it

RobynS
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I agree with the honest approach. I think I'll struggle with how to present the information, though. My parents never talked to me about sex. Ever. Except to say that "boys only want one thing," etc. :/

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I am very open to DD I would much rather her know  from me rather than from a kid or kids in this big wide world .. I believe kids are growing up way to fast these days.

Rushn311
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Definitely in a positive way. My daughter is 10 and I think I will give her that talk around age 12.

Charizma77
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

This. Exactly

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I am just honest and open. Sex is not something I shy up about. I want my children to come to me with sex questions.

4kidz916
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Be straight forward and honest.

slw123
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Not looking forward to it, but I'll be honest (yet uncomfortable).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)