Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do You and Your Spouse Need a Financial Timeout?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 58 Replies

The average American couple fights about money 5 times a month. Carrie Sloan, Editor in Chief of LearnVest is here to share the best ways to communicate your family's budget, so those little fights don't turn into big ones. 

Do You and Your Spouse Need a Financial Timeout?

by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellynh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Nope 

Truelove77
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 1:57 PM
No we are on the same page when it comes to money try to save and buy things that our girls need.We never fight over money.
RobynS
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 1:57 PM

we don't fight about money--or about anything, really. It would be better if we did b/c it would at least be some communication.

A year and a half ago we took Financial Peace University classes and we have been very strict about our finances since then. Still not doing a written monthly budget (we're supposed to do it TOGETHER and DH is not cooperating), but we are working hard to pay off debts. We have to say "no" a lot, but it's worth it to become debt-free!!

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:06 PM
We communicate really well about money. We have a budget that we stick to and extra money we always talk about where we want to use it. We will have to re-work our budget when we move this summer and our expenses change but we won't have a problem doing that.
Rushn311
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:17 PM

No but we need to stop being  so spontaneous

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Probably

othermom
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:35 PM

We actually work together pretty well with finaces and rarely argue about it.

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

We do lately. I can't stop spending money. I'm always being invited to thirty one, pampered chef, tastefully simple, mary kay parties. I always feel guilty if I don't buy anything. Drives my husband nuts. I think I'm going to have to start turning down invites for awhile :)

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Thankfully, no!

RobynS
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:45 PM

clapping

Quoting countrygirlkat:

We communicate really well about money. We have a budget that we stick to and extra money we always talk about where we want to use it. We will have to re-work our budget when we move this summer and our expenses change but we won't have a problem doing that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)