Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do You and Your Spouse Need a Financial Timeout?

Posted by   + Show Post

The average American couple fights about money 5 times a month. Carrie Sloan, Editor in Chief of LearnVest is here to share the best ways to communicate your family's budget, so those little fights don't turn into big ones. 

Do You and Your Spouse Need a Financial Timeout?

by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Replies (41-50):
goddess99
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Nope, we're good. We don't have money issues.
jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM

communicatioin is a great key.....

IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:27 AM

We never fight about money. There's not much to fight over. We discuss purchases, everything. He'll even call and ask before he goes out for lunch...lol.

bamababe1975
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM

No, we're on the same page with finances. We both work, all our money goes into a joint account, and I pay the bills when they come in. If he wants to buy something, he checks with me to find out whether there's room in the budget for it or not. If I want to buy something, I run it past him before I do. We haven't fought over money since the very early years of our marriage when he was the sole earner and our girls were babies in diapers.

Janet
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM

sometimes

Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM

no we are good with our money

sukainah
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:11 AM

We, my DH and I, do have a hard time with money and could find better ways to work together with it.

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:12 AM
No,we do good!
nurbabe82
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM

No, we don't ever fight about money (knocks on wood lol). We are pretty much on the same page about that with the same financial goals. Sometimes I have to be that bad guy and say NO to bigger purchase dh wants to make, and sometimes he has to be that bad guy towards me. We don't fight about those purchases but talk about how we can maybe do it later if we do x,y, and z with our money.

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM

We took one: now we're in $22k of debt.

What happens when you stop talking about it... It's much better now, and we're digging out of it, but not talking about it for 10 years is a bad move, I promise!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN