Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Kids vs. Spouse -- Another Question?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 64 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay, a little light-hearted tidbit related to the whole kids vs. spouse debate. I have to ask: who is the worse when they are sick -- your kids or your spouse? Take a moment. Don't rush to answer. Think about when your son had the tummy bug or perhaps youe daughter had an ear infection. Got that memory? Good. Now, think of the last time your spouse was sick...perhaps a cold or the flu? Right.

Soooo, who's worse?

In my house, hands down, my spouse is the worst one when sick. A minor cold, a touch of the flu, well, let's just say he can't do anything but become one with the couch, morph right into its cushions. Even when Kiddo is sick, she'll hang on the couch a lot, but then she'll have spurts of playing and functioning. She will want to go to school even while suffering from bad spring allergies. My husband? Um, yeah, not so much.

I remember having the flu and trying to read a book to Kiddo at bedtime, laying on the floor (not in the bed to try to avoid ubergerm swappage), about to fall asleep to my own voice. Even with colds and sinus infections, I still manage to pack lunches, work, ferry her to piano lessons and supervise homework.

Somehow, my husband is missing that "functioning while sick" gene. Thank goodness the kiddo got it from me.

Sooooooo, in your house, who is the worst sick patient -- your kids or your spouse?

©iStockphoto.com/ damedeeso

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loveTHEviking
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I would deff have to go w/ my DH lol. Mine is missing that "funcioning while sick" gene also!

alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:50 AM

In our house it is the kids. I actually have to force DH to admit he's sick and let us take care of him.

LancesMom
Yesterday at 5:56 PM
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:05 AM

My hubby is! He won't let me do anything for him, but complains the whole time he's sick. My kid just hid in his room til he felt better.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:13 AM

The kids but neither are really bad. I got pretty lucky lol.

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:22 AM

the man!

goddess99
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Neither really. If my dh is sick he just stays in bed but doesn't want me to do anything for him. My dd stays in her room too, I bring her food and meds. They are both easy.

4kidz916
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Men are absolutely the worst sick patients. 

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Him, hes a big baby if he gets a sniffle

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM

My dh! The kids are still active and dont whine as much as he does

sukainah
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Yep, it's my spouse LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)