Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Kids vs. Spouse -- Another Question?

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, a little light-hearted tidbit related to the whole kids vs. spouse debate. I have to ask: who is the worse when they are sick -- your kids or your spouse? Take a moment. Don't rush to answer. Think about when your son had the tummy bug or perhaps youe daughter had an ear infection. Got that memory? Good. Now, think of the last time your spouse was sick...perhaps a cold or the flu? Right.

Soooo, who's worse?

In my house, hands down, my spouse is the worst one when sick. A minor cold, a touch of the flu, well, let's just say he can't do anything but become one with the couch, morph right into its cushions. Even when Kiddo is sick, she'll hang on the couch a lot, but then she'll have spurts of playing and functioning. She will want to go to school even while suffering from bad spring allergies. My husband? Um, yeah, not so much.

I remember having the flu and trying to read a book to Kiddo at bedtime, laying on the floor (not in the bed to try to avoid ubergerm swappage), about to fall asleep to my own voice. Even with colds and sinus infections, I still manage to pack lunches, work, ferry her to piano lessons and supervise homework.

Somehow, my husband is missing that "functioning while sick" gene. Thank goodness the kiddo got it from me.

Sooooooo, in your house, who is the worst sick patient -- your kids or your spouse?

©iStockphoto.com/ damedeeso

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
chattycassie
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the innocent comments from kids that work in our favors. 

Quoting Kmakksmom:

My husband. Our girls ask him why doesn't he get up and do stuff when he's sick because Mommy always still does stuff when she's sick.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM

My kids

Kmakksmom
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Me too :)

Quoting chattycassie:

I love the innocent comments from kids that work in our favors. 

Quoting Kmakksmom:

My husband. Our girls ask him why doesn't he get up and do stuff when he's sick because Mommy always still does stuff when she's sick.

RandiBear
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM
DS because he gets whiney and I hare that. DH just wants to sleep if he can. What I don't like is when we are both sick. I had pneumonia and he had a head cold... but guess who was cleaning house and tending to the kid? Yep, me. Lol He was just too sick.
dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM

LOL oh gosh! I think that my DH is such a big baby sometimes, but not all the time.

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I love it!  Kids are so observant!!

Quoting Kmakksmom:

GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM

My DH isn't too bad.  He takes care of himself when sick.  It must have been the 20+ years of living alone that made him self-sufficient.  He's actually a pretty good nurse for me, too, if I'm sick.

copperswifey
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM

my husband by far! He is the biggest whiner ever lol :/

annelauer
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Definitely my husband. The kids are tough like me.
funhappymom
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My husband won't rest. Drives me nuts.

My kids are pretty good sickies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement