Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Kids vs. Spouse -- Another Question?

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, a little light-hearted tidbit related to the whole kids vs. spouse debate. I have to ask: who is the worse when they are sick -- your kids or your spouse? Take a moment. Don't rush to answer. Think about when your son had the tummy bug or perhaps youe daughter had an ear infection. Got that memory? Good. Now, think of the last time your spouse was sick...perhaps a cold or the flu? Right.

Soooo, who's worse?

In my house, hands down, my spouse is the worst one when sick. A minor cold, a touch of the flu, well, let's just say he can't do anything but become one with the couch, morph right into its cushions. Even when Kiddo is sick, she'll hang on the couch a lot, but then she'll have spurts of playing and functioning. She will want to go to school even while suffering from bad spring allergies. My husband? Um, yeah, not so much.

I remember having the flu and trying to read a book to Kiddo at bedtime, laying on the floor (not in the bed to try to avoid ubergerm swappage), about to fall asleep to my own voice. Even with colds and sinus infections, I still manage to pack lunches, work, ferry her to piano lessons and supervise homework.

Somehow, my husband is missing that "functioning while sick" gene. Thank goodness the kiddo got it from me.

Sooooooo, in your house, who is the worst sick patient -- your kids or your spouse?

©iStockphoto.com/ damedeeso

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (61-64):
Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I wonder what the husbands would say about us!
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:01 AM

My DH is worse than our son. But, then again, I'm worse than our son when it comes to being sick. It takes forever to even know if our son is sick because he doesn't act any differently than he normally acts.

Of course, the worst one out of all of us is my dh. He won't do anything when sick. When I'm sick, I still have to take care of our son, for the most part. I may get to take a nap, or go to bed early (which really doesn't count as my son goes to bed at 8p), but my husband does absolutely nothing when he's sick, except make himself some soup or something. I should be fair. I was sick, once where I literally couldn't get out of bed or I'd be in the bathroom either sitting down or praying to the porcelin (spelling) god, that he actually made me soup, and took care of me and our son.

CafeMom Tickers
BabyTeki
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Spouse
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM

for sure my hubby!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement