Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

do you take naps?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 35 Replies
Do you wish you could?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Sometimes. Napping makes me sleep less at night so i try to avoid them, but i wish i could take them everyday.

I spent some time in Ecuador in my teens and in one of their more cultural cities they still have their siesta. Around 2 everything closes, schools, stores, businesses, and then reopens around 4. This was my favorite city to visit when we were there.
MrsRobinson06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:25 PM
When the kids let me.
lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM

No, never.  

sjenkins8208
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM
I would take naps when my ds would take naps. He is almost five now, so he's pretty much stopped unless we had a big morning. I'm 8weeks pregnant right now so I try to fit in as much extra sleep as I can, mil has ds on Monday and Wednesday afternoons so I can nap.
Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Ds stopped napping at 18 months, when i was 6 months pregnant. He naps occasionally, like today. I had 2 sleeping kids for the last 2 hours and i couldn't sleep.

Quoting sjenkins8208:

I would take naps when my ds would take naps. He is almost five now, so he's pretty much stopped unless we had a big morning. I'm 8weeks pregnant right now so I try to fit in as much extra sleep as I can, mil has ds on Monday and Wednesday afternoons so I can nap.

brittany208
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm worse to get down for a nap than a toddler! I will only lay down for one if DH lays down with me or if I am EXHAUSTED. I just dont like napping. Although, I could REALLY use one right about now.

sjenkins8208
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Quoting Firenygirl180:

Don't you HATE that. It's happened to me before. My ds didn't start sleeping through the night until 18 months! I got really lucky that he napped for this long, but when he started preschool he had to get up ALOT earlier, so I just cut them out. He sleeps 11-12 hours a night though.
Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I just wrestled with my overtired toddler for 20 minutes to get him down.
He doesn't need naps, but he's decided that 7 am is a great time to wake upand he refuses to go to bed before 9

Quoting brittany208:

I'm worse to get down for a nap than a toddler! I will only lay down for one if DH lays down with me or if I am EXHAUSTED. I just dont like napping. Although, I could REALLY use one right about now.

Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM
When he first gave up naps he was sleeping 11-12 hours at night, but he cut that down to 9-10 hours and he rarely naps. I'd rather him stay up later and sleep in, but he likes seeing daddy before he leaves for work.

Quoting sjenkins8208:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Don't you HATE that. It's happened to me before. My ds didn't start sleeping through the night until 18 months! I got really lucky that he napped for this long, but when he started preschool he had to get up ALOT earlier, so I just cut them out. He sleeps 11-12 hours a night though.

TheBabyFactory4
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I have to sometimes. I work late on some days and then have to get up with the kids. If I can't go back to sleep for whatever reason I try to nap when the baby does if i can
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)