Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Harnesses on kids? Yay, nay or neutral?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 17 Replies

What do you think?  Child harnesses, yay or nay?

Goldbug - 2-in-1 Monkey Child Safety Harness 

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stevensmomma
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM

i had that same one for ds i only used it a few times he never like to hold my hand he wanted to be independent so this was perfect for him 

othermom
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I have used them in the past and am okay with them. I used them for a little while in crowded places during the time when my kids didn't want to be in the stroller but were not always willing to hold my hand. They were given a choice

Hi_Rae
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I always said I would never use one, my first parenting mistake...never say never! Now, my 1 year old has gotten to the point that he is walking pretty much everywhere and already thinks he's too independent to hold mommy or daddy's hand while we are out. So unless that changes we might be giving one of these harnesses a try.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chrissydan
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Yay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I don't like them and never used them, but I won't give someone a dirty look if they choose to.
GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I have used one. My little guy did not want to have to hold hands once he mastered walking. This was great for both of us. And yes, I will use it on my next babies also if they have the same free~spirit personalities, lol

Mommy2justone
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Not for my child. But I can understand where it would be needed. 
I have seen it being abused, and misused, but I have also seen it save lives (child almost walking into traffic while mom attends to infant twins) 

conweis
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Yay. They saved my kids life one time. I was walking with the kids on a shallow shoulder and slipped into the ditch. A car came speedying by riding the shoulder and IT pulled on my kids leashes to pull them into the ditch with me.
chattycassie
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Not for me

mizz_mindylou
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:32 PM

yes they are awesome my 3yr old is autistic which means he wanders with no purpose and has no fear or sense of danger so its great he feels like hes in controle plus when he has a melt dwn in walmart i jus let him lay in the floor and dragg him by the leash he absolutley loves it he will just laugh his head off!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)