Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Who Comes First, Your Spouse or Your Kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

A lot of moms say "the kids come first." But Ericka Souter, Editor of The Stir, is here to help us figure out how we can balance our priorities to leave time for Mom and Dad too.  

Who Comes First, Your Spouse or Your Kids?

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
Bob192
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel like I have to have a strong relationship with my husband for my kids to feel secure.  When our relationship is good the kids are happier.  It is really hard to balance though, sometimes things get so busy with the kids.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:12 PM

This is a hard one. I'd say it depends on the situation.

sanj1213
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

There isn't t anything that happens in my life that I need to choose my children or my husband! My kids have their basic needs day to day,that's a given! We also focus on our marriage we believe in a strong,healthy foundation that keeps our family together! And if there is time were we need to take time for our marriage,kids don't suffer from it! They enjoy mom&dad 'dating'! :-)

KaylaMillar
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
My spouse. If dh and I aren't in on good terms it effects the kids. By no means are my children's needs not met
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
This is such a loaded question. But I truly believe that our marriage needs to be strong in order to be good parents... And yet there are times when we as adults have to set ourselves aside in order to meet our son's needs first. I guess I'd say it's pretty even.
dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that just like we make special time for each of our children, we also make to make time for our spouse. Since our son goes to morning kindergarten and my spouse goes to work in the afternoon, weekday mornings are our time to spend together.

conweis
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this
My SO. To care for the kids we must first take care of ourselves. Our families needs come first but a strong relationship benefits our kids.
kellynh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Spouse in most things.... When kids come first it's a mutual decision

Stevensmomma
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Quoting Hottmomma607:

There isn't t anything that happens in my life that I need to choose my children or my husband! My kids have their basic needs day to day,that's a given! We also focus on our marriage we believe in a strong,healthy foundation that keeps our family together! And if there is time were we need to take time for our marriage,kids don't suffer from it! They enjoy mom&dad 'dating'! :-)

Same here but if something did come to where I had to choose the kids always come first 

OliviasMommy611
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Both. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)