Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Who Comes First, Your Spouse or Your Kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

A lot of moms say "the kids come first." But Ericka Souter, Editor of The Stir, is here to help us figure out how we can balance our priorities to leave time for Mom and Dad too.  

Who Comes First, Your Spouse or Your Kids?

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
OliviasMommy611
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:37 PM
But if I had to choose, id say my kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM

If the kids have an immediate need then of course we take care of that immediately but if a need is not immediate then DH and I do tend to our relationship.

brittany208
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
For me, it is definitely spouse, kids, myself. Because that's what the Bible mandates, and so that's what I try to live by. Obviously if my kids are bleeding and DH wants me to watch a move with him, I'm going to take care of bleeding first. But my spouse should always know that he is absolutely the most important person in my life and always will be. We provide a good, strong marriage and stable family in which our kids can thrive.
BabyTeki
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Kids but husband is right there
timon95
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:53 PM

kids do.

Charizma77
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

My family comes first..kids and spouse..

Rushn311
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM

My  kids, hands down, but my hubby is right after

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:34 AM

My son comes first.

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Heck...I just returned a dress I bought, because I realized I didnt have enough money for DS's haircut....so now he has a great hair cut and its okay I didnt keep the dress. Maybe I can afford it in a few weeks and it might still be there.

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:36 AM

I would say for the most part (almost always), my kids.  But there are times when DH has to come first.  Just like with him, the kids are most always first, but there are times when it needs to be me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement