Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do You Speak Your Partner's Love Language?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ian Kerner, Sex and Relationship Expert guides us through a quiz that helps you evaluate which forms of expression you use to communicate your love to your partner. Watch this video to see what he has to say:

Is physical touch more important than words of affirmation? Or would you rather have more quality time than receive gifts? 

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Replies (61-64):
LindaClement
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM

My husband knows that if he spent money on gifts for me, he'd get kneecapped. For a long time, he thought he was being gaslighted: that I was saying I didn't want gifts, but would crap all over him if he didn't... But, really, gifts annoy me. I have too much stuff now, and I don't want more stuff --of virtually any kind.

I'd much prefer to use the same money to eat in a nice restaurant with him... or for him to go see a movie by himself...

Quoting jamminmomma:

I would rather have more quality time with my husband than him buy me stuff all the time. If you are spending time witht he one you love you are showing them how important you are to them and if they are jsut buying you gifts all the time they are not really showing their love after all anyone can go into a store and buy something but if they are really taking the time to be with just you that is showing how much they care, just because they are taking the time.

Truelove77
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Don't ever assume the other one knows what your thinking communicate!Do things for eachother a back rub a kind word help eachother when you are married you need to be a love team!
marieKilbane
by on May. 4, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Oh my goodness, I completed forgotten about andrew Shue from Melrose Place tv show

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Physical touch is important ... , quality time
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)