Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What's your take on love connections?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you ever look at a couple and think, "Wow, I wonder how they got together...I never would have matched them up?!" You just can't quite put your finger on it, but just you just ponder the duo and the origin of their relationship, as you would not have paired them together...but somehow, they work.

Perhaps it is because they speak each other's love language...you know, how you and your spouse connect that is unlike any other relationship. Whether it is a bit of humor or maybe in little child-like speak or who knows what, you and your honey share a special language that no one else gets.

So, what happens when sometimes you aren't in tune with that love language? I think you can learn it for sure, especially if you are in love and the chemistry is there. Can you fall out of practice with the love language? Sure. Which happens. Not that that means it's the end of your marriage, but you have to keep up those love language skills. And they may morph or need some tuning as your relationship evolve...the language that worked for both of you may not now with kids, but it won't be all new. Just a new version of the conversation.

What do you think about "love language"? Do you know a couple that you would never match up...but somehow it works?

©iStockphoto.com/addimage

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-53):
slw123
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I know anyone that I think that about.  Well, there is this one couple that I wonder why the guy puts up with his wife and her attitude, but whatever.

brittany208
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I actually can't think of any couples like that right off the top of my head....

brittany208
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM

why? 

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Lots of people think this about DH and I but we have made it work beautifully!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN