Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Lovey-dovey nicknames: What's yours?

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this

Does anyone else remember the Seinfeld episode when George gets so annoyed with Jerry and his girlfriend, when the lovebirds start calling each other "Schmoopie" all of the time? It makes me and my husband laugh...and it has turned into a joke now. Especially in texts to each other. I'll call him "Schmoopiekins" first, and he'll try to "out do me" by texting back and addressing me as "Schmoopiedoopiekins" and it goes on from there, as you can imagine. Wasted time? Yes, but totally fun.

I think it's healthy to have little nicknames for each other. Little ways we show our affection and enjoy a playful moment with our spouse. My grandparents used to call each other "Bid"...not sure exactly where that came from, but I distinctly recall each of them doing it often. I've heard other couples call each other everything from "Sweets" to "Cheeks," "Beauty" to "Pet." Seems like the best ones are those that you don't really know where or when they popped into your conversation, the nicknames that just start one day and keep going. It's a little love name, with a semi-secret, one that probably neither of you remembers all of the details on its origin.

For me and my husband? I guess I use "Babe" quite a bit...it started as a joke and kind of stuck. "Hon" is used a lot by both of us too. 

Okay, spill! What is your little nickname for your spouse...and what are you called?

©iStockphoto.com/prill 

by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristinRox
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I call him babe.. or honey.. 

hollydaze1974
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:17 AM
He calls me " Dear" because it makes me go all a twitter! It's so..... Underused and makes me think of lady and the tramp <3
When he first called me that, he didn't even know where it came from... But I just fell further in love with him and made sure he knew how it made my stomach " butterfly up"

I call him "Darlin" because the first time I did, he got a huge grin saying he'd never been called a " southern term of endearment "
deadlights86
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Dh calls me puddin (Harley Quinn calls the joker puddin) or baby I call him honey or sweetie.
hugss
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Babe .. usually :)

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Baby, babe, honey, sweetie goes both ways!
MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:25 AM

Babe usually.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:29 AM

He calls me cc.

k9l1c5
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:39 AM

We just call each other babe.

SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:51 AM
We don't use pet names at all. We call each other by our first names. :-)
Wish2Be
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I am chunk baby and he is chunck master lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)