Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Snack Time: Cake Mix Cornbread

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM
  • 12 Replies

Cake Mix Cornbread from the Betty Crocker site!

You Need:

Cornbread Batter

pouches Betty Crocker® cornbread & muffin mix
2/3
cup milk
tablespoons butter, melted
eggs

Cake Batter

box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
1/2
cup vegetable oil
eggs

To Make:

• 1Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 (18x12-inch) pans with shortening or spray with cooking spray.
  • 2In separate medium bowls, make cornbread batter and cake batter as directed on pouch and box. Pour both batters into large bowl; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Pour evenly into pans.
  • 3Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
  • 4Cut each pan into 6 rows by 4 rows. Serve with your favorite chili or soup.

Tips:

This makes a lot of cornbread. You can always freeze one pan for another meal.

Tastes great with a smear of butter and a drizzle of honey!

Info:

• PREP TIME 20 Min
  • TOTAL TIME 40 Min
  • SERVINGS 48
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I'm going to make this right now to try. If it's gross I'll just send it to work with df tomorrow.it sounds interesting enough.
We usually make Corn bread with a can of creamed corn anda few other things to make it yummier.
jbjb1024
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Sounds amazing!!!! I want to try this. I love cornbread
elasmimi
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm from the south, we don't eat our cornbread sweet. Interesting recipe, though.

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Let us know what you think of it :)

Quoting Firenygirl180:

I'm going to make this right now to try. If it's gross I'll just send it to work with df tomorrow.it sounds interesting enough.
We usually make Corn bread with a can of creamed corn anda few other things to make it yummier.

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I don't find corn bread to be such a huge struggle to mix the 7 ingredients for that I need a mix.

They put crap into those that I can't buy at a grocery store, so I'll still to scratch baking.

Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I used butter recipe yellow because we didn't have plain yellow. It is really sweet, more like cake than corn bread. Df thought the recipe sounded gross but he thinks it tastes decent.

It's good, but there's just something not right about it. I also used 2 9x13's. And cooked for about 25 minutes.

Quoting MamaMandee:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Thanks for the review! So the real question is are you sending it to work with DH or keeping it? lol

Quoting Firenygirl180:

I used butter recipe yellow because we didn't have plain yellow. It is really sweet, more like cake than corn bread. Df thought the recipe sounded gross but he thinks it tastes decent.

It's good, but there's just something not right about it. I also used 2 9x13's. And cooked for about 25 minutes.

Quoting MamaMandee:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I've never heard of this... Interesting!

Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Well i made 2 pans so we will keep one and send the other to work. I definitely agree with it making a lot. I would save some for future use but we will forget about it in the freezer.

Quoting MamaMandee:

Thanks for the review! So the real question is are you sending it to work with DH or keeping it? lol

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Quoting MamaMandee:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Sounds like a great idea! I might make it for next family get togeather.

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Well i made 2 pans so we will keep one and send the other to work. I definitely agree with it making a lot. I would save some for future use but we will forget about it in the freezer.

Quoting MamaMandee:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Quoting MamaMandee:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN